Hi. My name is Steve Johnson, and I'm thrilled that you are considering Synthesis Entertainment to represent you at your event, whether that event is your wedding, a school dance, or corporate party! As a DJ I believe it is critical that you know the person you hire and feel comfortable that he will do everything possible to ensure a perfect evening. That being said, let me tell you about myself and my MC/DJ style.
Why are you a DJ?
- I am, first and foremost, a Husband and Father, and I believe to my core that marriage is the greatest institution in the world. I truly believe that a great marriage is the result of a great relationship, and that every great marriage deserves a perfect beginning. And that’s why I DJ weddings. I grew up in the music and entertainment world and know the power that comes from having top quality entertainment. As a father, I want my own kids to have fun at dances and not have to worry that the DJ is playing a lot of inappropriate music. Having grown up in the entertainment industry I know how to help kids have fun and keep music clean.
How long have you been an entertainer and what is your philosophy about your role as the DJ at our wedding?
- I have been a professional entertainer, musician, and presenter for nearly 20 years. My Father owned a recording studio when I was young, and I spent a great deal of time learning from him. It was then that I learned the importance of being professional, the importance of integrity, and the importance of doing things right the first time. I also believe in having fun! Your wedding and reception are the beginning of a beautiful celebration of life. It should be the party of a lifetime so to speak. As your MC/DJ, I will incorporate unique, interactive games (you get to approve them in advance of course) and humor to keep things moving and to keep your guests happy and entertained.
Do you drink?
- Water? Definitely. Dr. Pepper? Guilty. Alcohol? Never. You can rest assured that I will not become intoxicated and start singing a love sonnet to my speakers. :) It is important to me that you not have any worries at your event.
What will you wear?
- For weddings I always wear a dark, conservative suit unless you request otherwise. As part of the planning meetings, I will ask you for your wedding colors and try my best to match them. For Schools I always wear dark clothing fitting of the atmosphere you're trying to create.
Will your humor and language be appropriate?
- Yes. I will never resort to crude or inappropriate humor at any event. I have a very high standard of professionalism and believe that bad language and humor are indicative of an amateur entertainer. The humor I use will always be respectful and family friendly.
Will we have the opportunity to meet you before our wedding day?
- As a single operator, I make sure I meet with all of my brides face to face. As I said, it is important that you know the person you are hiring to represent you on this important occasion. Meeting with you helps me get to know you and what your vision is for your wedding celebration. During those meetings we plan your reception and create a timeline, which will give us a general idea of the flow of the evening. That kind of detail just can't be accomplished via email or a phone call. In the event that a face to face meeting isn't possible, we can meet via Skype or Facetime. While this may present some unique challenges, it helps you know that I am absolutely committed to providing you with the highest level of professionalism.
What are your business standards?
- I maintain very high personal and ethical business standards. Honesty is the guiding principle in everything I do. I arrive early and work hard. I believe in continuing education. In that sense, I consider myself a lifetime student. By attending major national conferences each year and constantly researching the latest trends and ideas in wedding entertainment, MC/DJ mastery, music programming, sound, and light design, I can ensure that I am able to provide the latest that the wedding entertainment industry has to offer and ensure that every couple can have a wedding that suits their own individual style.